Friday, July 25, 2014

Settings for Google Finance Stock Search

This is the way that I use the site to find stocks that have spiked that I can short the next day or days.


Google Finance Stock Screener

1) "X" out all criteria and start from scratch
2) Change markets to OTC
3)  Add criteria:
    Price - Last Price
    Price - Quote Change
    Stock Metrics - Volume 
4) Change Price to scan from ¢.20 to $1.00
5) Change Quote Change to scan at least for 5%
6) Change Volume to scan at least 50,000 (this is the one that I will change the most, up or down just to see what it pulls up)

When I have that list I will have my charting software up on another screen and just type the tickers I want to see into it to look at the chart. I am looking for a something that has spiked from a relatively flat or sideways price action, a bounce from a dump or a SMIKE (a small spike).

This usually pulls up around 20 tickers, based on the number I will move the numbers a little but this is the first set up I use and my most productive.

No comments:

Post a Comment