Monday, April 21, 2014

Get OUT of Retail

10% of the American work force work in the industry.

Are you one of them?
Sorry to hear...

How are your weekends? Do you ever have any off?

Holidays? Can't request those days off can you because everyone else already requested them a year ago.

What about making plans with family and friends, ever get called in when you thought you were going somewhere else? Thought you had the night to go out because you were opening then get switched to a close?

What about calling out? You ever go in sick, you go in because your manager told you that you are the only one today, you get sicker, you get sick from someone that should have called out (or tried) and came in anyway?

What are you working for? Going to became a manager?
Numbers for ya : a retail chain with 1000 stores has about 250,000 employees (very rough guess here), how many of those employees that have been with the company longer want the same job you want... then they hire someone from a DIFFERENT retailer.

And take a look at your manager .... you really want to end up like that .. unfortunately most are out of shape, alcoholics, drug users and/or having affairs, getting divorced.

Start doing something better NOW.

Learn how to TRADE and start making money while at your "other" job






DISCLAIMER:
I was in retail management for over 10 years. I never planned on staying that long, they "suck" you in. You get good to great benefits (medical, 401k, etc), they provide training, the only thing you have to give in return is your soul. The retailers that I worked for are GREAT American companies and make up huge sectors of their markets, I am grateful for the careers that I had with each of them. However, I missed to many things that have to do with family and the time I had with my family I was very really turned "off" from the store, I hope to be able to "save" at least one person from retail life.

1 comment: